Friday, August 6, 2010

Bits and pieces in the park








Nice to see the three adult swans swimming happily about, unencumbered by fishing lines, hooks, etc. They seem to be none the worse from their experiences. I just hope that they can stay that way.

Chatted a bit with come responsible fisherpeople sitting by the lake. No barbed hooks, ever, and he had caught and released a bass already. I noted that they were not fishing anywhere near the swans, geese, ducks, etc. To me, the idea of coming but I suppose, if asked, they might feel the same way about walking the dog and looking at birds. So nice that there are accommodations for all interests in Prospect Park!

There was a camera crew in the Park today, from Channel 5. I asked what about. They want some nice park scenery to go with the West Nile Virus story. I remembered I heard on the radio (NPR - where I get most of my news) that there was the first confirmed case this year. So, could Fox 5 be fearmongering about the dangers of Prospect Park? Maye it will encourage the barbed-hook fisherpeople to keep away.

Swan family is happily dining among the duckweed by the boathouse. JJ's going in for a swim didn't bother them at all. And we got a great shot of a caterpillar that jumped onto Ed from a nearby tree - obviously recognizing a friendly spirit. The question is: good caterpillar or bad caterpillar???

Last but not least: a memorial poster for the geese.

Don't know what happened - the pictures were all supposed to be small. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Dogs are only permitted to swim at the doggie beach in the long meadow and on the peninsula( just off well's drive). many pet owners believe that it is ok for their pet to be off leasch and swim in the lake but you can receive a summons.

    ReplyDelete