Friday, October 15, 2010

Visiting duck, beautiful fall





Here's a pretty good shot of the new visiting duck. It's all white, and quite large. I wonder if it's an escapee from one of the Long Island duck farms. Hmmm - are there still Long Island Duck farms? There were many of them when I was a kid, but I suspect many have been replaced by housing developments. This is my new camera, a replacement for the one I lost on vacation. It seems pretty good, and hopefully will last at least until next summer's big vacation.

Fantastic fall colors in the park right now - just a few trees, really standing out in contrast with the greenery.

Interesting fishing line caught in a tree. It comes straight up from the water, and is looped over a branch of a tree by a stick tied to its end. Sadly, it looks impossible to get from the shore. Hopefully none of the birds will strangle themselves on it before the Parks Dept. takes action.

No comments:

Post a Comment