Monday, November 7, 2011

Perfect Autumn Day





So glad that we turned the clocks back this weekend. It's now daylight when we wake up, around 7, to go to the park. The last few weeks I was never sure if it was actually morning or my occasional 3 AM insomnia. Since I have to actually get out of the bed to see the time ( a holdover from the need to actually wake up, not hit the button and go back to sleep), it was really infringing on my sleep time. Of course, if this is my biggest problem, I have no problems. Still, I do need to be getting enough sleep.

Anyway, it was a perfect fall day in the park - blue sky, neither hot nor cold, geese in the Parade ground, flowers around the Albanian Mosque on Albemarle, and lots and lots of happy dogs. Not all that much to report. I'm afraid my blog is becoming day after day of "another beautiful day in the park.

The trees are just starting to change colors - soft tones, not the glaring bright ones. I wonder if this is due to our strange weather - the snow while the trees were all still green and the large amounts of rain. Anyway, two trees overhead on Lookout Hill were very pretty where the two colors met.

2 comments:

  1. I still love to see "just another beautiful day in the park"! Keep in mind a lot of us are in offices all day living vicariously through you. Just seeing the geese and leaves and dogs in your pictures and knowing that people are there loving our beautiful park is interesting enough to the right people!

    ReplyDelete