Thursday, November 10, 2011

Yellow leaf day







Tree colors changing rapidly - today I concentrated on the bright yellow trees. There are already a bunch of leafless trees, which is surprising among so much green. Anyway, the yellow ones seem to stand out a lot today, perhaps because the sun was bright and it was another beautiful day in the park.

The port-o-johns by the Wellhouse are gone. This is surprising, ecause it was a 60 degree day with sunshine and a lot of people out. Maybe because the water fountains are gradually being turned off? I have a nasty habit of wanting the world to be logical and make sense. You'd think I would know better after 60+ years, but no.

Speaking of illogicality and senselessness, there have been a few very disturbing incidents in the park lately. There was the vicious dog/irresponsible owners incident that we learned about yesterday via the poster. The other day, I was nearly run over by a bicyclist while crossing the park road. He cursed me out quite badly, of course (sarcasm). Today Mary, one of my fellow dog-owners, told me about two similar, but worse incidents. One bicylist ran into a woman named Judy Cohen, who is now in an induced coma at Kings County Hospital as a result. Another cyclist hit a small boy. In that case, the cyclist in the hospital. The boy had a bump on the head but is apparently okay. What is going on? Don't people realize that sharing a park means you kind of have to look out for other people? Be responsible? Keep your eyes open? I throw sticks for JJ and make sure that there's no one standing in the direction I'm throwing the stick. I thought it was common sense, but apparently it's advanced social consciousness or something like that.

2 comments: