Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Feel like I'm back in Ireland

Woke up feeling a little more energetic and the bum leg weighing only 100 pounds instead of 1000, so I headed to the Park with hubby and dog. The beautiful spring weather of last week is quite gone. Rain, wind, barely above freezing, very reminiscent of the top of the Hill of Tara in Ireland - and that's not really a good thing. The wind is quieter here, and there was no sleet or hail, so I guess "vaguely reminiscent" is the term to use. And I wasn't wearing the large scarf that used in Ireland as a neck warmer/face mask/extra hood. So I turned back about 1/2way to the park. Maybe 1/4 mile in all. Then back to bed.

So now I'm quietly doing various house chores to the sound of someone's car or house alarm. It seems to be broken - goes for many minutes (beyond the alloted legal time) then goes off for a minute or two, then starts again. Not enough "on" time to acclimate and ignore it, not enough "off" time to get accustomed to the quiet. Guess I shouldn't complain, since our neighborhood is generally quiet. Ditmas Park is the name of the nabe - check out something called Ditmas Park Blog to explore it a bit.

Ber saw only one other intrepid dog walker in the park. Sensible people stay in on a day like this. Sooo nice to come up with the very wet dog to see how I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment