Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend review


Another beautiful day. Loads of bugs (Thank you, wet spring), but they seem to be keeping to themselves. Well, I say that, but they seem to go after my daughter a lot. Diet? Genes? Who knows? I certainly eat my share of sweets, and more, but I also eat a lot of whole grains, which supposedly contain all those great B vitamins that make you less attractive to insects. Nice to know I'm doing something right with my menu.

All of the geese seem to be at the Western end of the lake. Didn't notice gosling, but I didn't look too closely either. Busy picking up trash from the weekend, as was everyone else. Two day weekends are not QUITE as bad as 3 day weekends, but the day after is still pretty bad. There was a nice looking family group at BBQ Plaza yesterday, which might explain why the trash was prettily neatly packed. THANK YOU!!

Turtles out already - at 7:30! Lets you know what a nice day it is.

Dear Anonymous: You asked if the gosling + family could have walked from Doggie Beach area to the Lake. Probably not, but they could have swum. The waterways in the park are so wonderful, that most people forget that it is a totally fake system, and one system only, starting from the general area near Doggie Beach. The geese could have easily swum, walking around the various waterfalls. For a more detailed explanation, go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prospect_Park_%28Brooklyn%29 This is part of Wikipedia, which I normally HATE, HATE, HATE, because of its frequent subjectivity and slants, but this article seems pretty clear and objective.

No comments:

Post a Comment