Friday, April 8, 2011

Miscellaneous spring stuff


There's a big, beautiful great snowy egret on the lake. I couldn't find my camera this morning, but daughter N got one with her telephone. Anne-Katrin had e-mailed me to watch out for it, so I'm sure I have the right name for this bird. I can understand how I got confused - it has the same beautiful long, graceful neck as the cormorants.

22 crack bags going up the hill, along with innumerable beer cans and sweet cigar wrappers. I'm not the only one who enjoys the park in spring. I did quite a trash pick-up job!

Candleman is keeping his area quite tidy - only one candle/can there, and it's not lit. My little note requesting a clean up is still there, but the thank you note is gone! N thinks someone just came upon and thought it was nice. I hope Candleman doesn't take it the wrong way and think I no longer appreciate his efforts to keep the area nice looking.

Nothing spectacular today, just a lovely day with the dogs in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment