Monday, October 10, 2011

Migrating geese and computer angst



Here are some beautiful migratory geese flying over the lake the other day. There were actually several flocks about this size, flying around and around and making happy, busy noises on their way to Florida or wherever. The third picture is of Prospect park's own residential geese, happily sitting in the weater and wondering what the fuss is all about.

We've been going to the park regularly the past few days, enjoying this beautiful weather, keeping Lookout Hill clean, doing actual running around the Nethermead to try to get myself into a little better shape, talking to many fellow dog owners. Haven't written because I am starting to use a new computer and have been a mite terrified. The one I'd been using, a nice little Dell Inspiron that's been in the family maybe 10 years, maybe more, was starting to do weird things, like stop working. So we decided to get a new one while I could get all the data off the Inspiron and put it into it. We love woot.com, a great sale-a-day website, where we found a refurbished HP Pavilion for a very reasonable price.

In this family, husband and daughter are the computer people. They are my Technical Assistance Committee. And I've gotten pretty lazy about getting daughter to do things for me. You know how they love to teach mom things. But the other day she said it would be better to teach me how to fish than give me a fish. So I've been using the new one without her. SUCCESS!!!

1 comment: