Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back in the park...






After a week in New Hampshire and 3 days of sleeping late, it was great to get back to the park today. Up Lookout Hill and all the way over to the FIDO Coffee Bark in Long Meadow. We did maybe 5 miles, huffing and puffing most of the way up the hill, but it was an excellent workout. Amazing how these days I need to keep it every day or I feel like I haven't moved in weeks. I did swim back and forth across a lake in New Hampshire, but it wasn't enough to keep me in shape. Not that I'm in such great shape, but not so bad either. I remember reading that when Margot Fonteyn, the great ballerina, was in her 40's, she had to train 4 hours each day just to keep in the same shape. And she actually did it!

30 geese and the three cygnets happily swimming in the lake, near the beach. Fabulous weather, and a good crowd at the Coffee Bark. There are nice "No BBQing" signs at the Peninsula, and a lovely little bit of art - orange feathers in a few trees. Pictures included.

There were wild turkeys and their chicks all around the house in New Hampshire where we stayed. Note: the pictures of the turkeys were taken in NH.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, goodness, I thought the Staten Island turkeys were migrating to Prospect Park!

    ReplyDelete