Monday, July 18, 2011

Too hot, bad air

So: we were not up at 6 today but a little after 7 - our regular time. We barely made it to the park. Poor JJ was cooling off in the lake twice before we even made it to the Peninsula. No running around at all, the poor old thing. The air felt so thick that it was like cutting through it to walk. No Hill, no running today. It's about 2 miles for us just to go to the park and back, so I can't say we did nothing, but it felt like so little ans was exhausting.

The cormorant is back on his perch today. Maybe he had trouble flying in this air. I notice last year's cygnets are no longer gray at all, but their beaks are still not bright orange, so they are still not fully mature.

I think its time for an air-conditioned movie today. I hope the Harry potter early show is not too full up with a zillion kids. I suspect they're more the "after lunch" crowd - we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment