Friday, March 4, 2011

Dog Day Morning






Animal heaven at the Nethermead today! Chewy and JJ and Loo and Nickleby and Mr. Cooper and dozens of others, leaping and running and enjoying the perfectly crisp morning. A pleasure to be surrounded by so much joy!

Went by way of Lookout Hill - 4 crack bags, 3 of them in one spot. I guess the crack in the park season is also starting. I realized that it was almost one year ago that I started this blog - March 10, 2010, to be exact, and next week will be my first blogiversary!! So, we have seen the cycle of a year in Prospect Park. I'm wondering if this next year's cycle will be much different.

The lake is pretty clear, with only a few ice spots left. Much earlier thaw than last year, but it may refreeze. You never know. We saw lots of ducks, not so many geese. One of the tagged geese, H974, was hanging out by himself near the rustic shelter in the SE corner. The phragmites are still in winter hibernation - no sign of spring growth yet. Really looking beautiful.

The "burning the candle in the can" person has been at it again. Frequently, it looks like. I hadn't been checking in that spot, but have started to do so again. I decided to leave the person a note, asking that he/she clean up. We'll see if it has any positive effect. I certainly hope so.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on a year of blogging the park! It's quite an accomplishment. Best I did was 85% of days on my first and most determined year; have you gotten over every day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I certainly haven't gone every single day. But I hear stories of how most bloggers quit after a few months, so I'm pleased that I'm still enjoying writing it and (hopefully) saying new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very proud of you too! Great Job and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete