Tuesday, March 15, 2011

News from the FIDO front

B. reporting today, since I decided to have a late lie-in, which was quite wonderful. Anyway, he ran into Tony in the Nethermead (Tony is usually at the Peninsula). Tony had some news about the new Parks boss, Emily Lloyd, who replaces the very-close-to-the chest Tupper Thomas. He thinks Ms. Lloyd is much more straightforward, and will give answers like, "I don't know about that" and "I can't do anything about that," rather than make up things and hope you are satisfied. She decided to quit smoking since smoking became banned in the Park, which is wonderfully non-hypocritical. Full disclosure: I think I know Ms. Lloyd very slightly - I think her son and my daughter went to what was then Woodward Park School together back in the 90's.

There's also talk of a dog run, available 24/7. I assume this will be in addition to the off-leash hours, not instead of. Bad news: one of the suggested areas is the top of Lookout Hill. NO NO NO!!! It's a people area, quite and lovely and scenic. And a primo place for the serious runners to get their workout. They would not be happy to be barked at by going past a dog run. Maybe I should stop doing the crack bag count. Maybe it gives the wrong impression of Lookout Hill? I adore dogs, but that is NOT the place for a dog run. Maybe the western side of the Nethermead, at the bottom of Lookout Hill.

2 comments:

  1. No Lookout Hill for Dog Run. It5 was just a suggestion. Most likely a dog run in the Parade Grounds. We will not lose off-leash with a dog run. FIDO is also trying to get Afternoon hours back 5pm till dusk. It will be difficult but we will try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. This is wonderful and much-appreciated news. Yes, it would be great to have the 5-dusk hours back.

    ReplyDelete