Friday, March 18, 2011

Candleman cleans up!








Very exciting! Candleman has very nicely cleaned up all the old cans and candles. There's one new one in a slightly different spot, closer to the water and further away from the path. I took a picture of the cleaned area, and replaced my request, along with a thank you note, in the new spot. B and N think he may be lighting the candles to speak to his ancestors, and wonder if he might think my notes are from his ancestors. Hmmm. Maybe Grandma IS speaking through me. How do I know where I get these ideas from. We imagine he has gone home and is furiously cleaning up his apartment. Can't hurt.

Lots of trash on the way up to Lookout Hill today - a result of St. Patrick's Day, I'm thinking. Picked up 3 bags full. Many beer cans and bottles, including one that was unopened. I thought we might take it home for someone, but was outvoted. Apparently Keystone Light is not considered a very good beer. N: "Any beer that comes in a 24 oz. can is not a good beer." So glad to have these experts to enlighten me. By the way, it's now in the trash can at the top of the hill, if anyone is really desperate. 5 crack bags, one of them GREEN!! For St. Pat's, I guess.

Beautiful dog day at the Nethermead. I'm trying to get some good photos, but have not had much success. I will keep at it. After all, I eventually did get photos of the flying birds, the swans posing in their heart-shape, and many other things I thought I'd never get. There was a quadruple-butt-sniff shot that I was laughing to hard at to take, and some great mid-air wrestling.

Saw Anne and Ed, who showed us the spot where the Parks Dept. bulldozed down the twig house that some homeless people at made. There's still a pile of bedding there. A gorgeous spot, I must say, sheltered by a large downed tree and overlooking both the lake and the Lullwater. I wouldn't object to them being there, but they were using buckets as toilets and dumping the contents into the lake. Yuck!

We found the perfect spot for a dog run in the Parade Grounds. Right across from the Tennis Courts, there's a part of the field that is natural grass, already about 80% fenced, and has a fire hydrant!! What could be more perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say thank you for all of your trash removal! Not enough thanks in the world!

    ReplyDelete